I must admit I am a huge fan of star jumps – they work your shoulders, legs, Back and of course your heart. There is nothing better than getting your heart rate up for boosting your metabolism and burning fat.
To perform the Star jumps safely;
- Start with feet together and hands by your side
- Now jump both feet out to the side and raise your arms out to the side until your hands are just above shoulder height
- Finally return your feet together and hands to your side
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for 60 seconds!
Why not have a family competition and see who do the most in 60 seconds? or who can go for the longest.
Here are some tips to help you along the way:
- Try to move your arms and legs in time
- Make sure your hands are raised above shoulder level
- There are huge benefits when performed correctly