I must admit I am a huge fan of star jumps – they work your shoulders, legs, Back and of course your heart. There is nothing better than getting your heart rate up for boosting your metabolism and burning fat.
To perform the Star jumps safely;
- Start with feet together and hands by your side
- Now jump both feet out to the side and raise your arms out to the side until your hands are just above shoulder height
- Finally return your feet together and hands to your side
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for 60 seconds!
- Try to move your arms and legs in time
- Make sure your hands are raised above shoulder level
- There are huge benefits when performed correctly
Children get enough exercise just being children, surely? Well, sadly no they don’t. Childhood obesity is on the rise and many children do not achieve the minimum recommendation of 60 minutes of moderate physical activity per day every day.
As an adult, we all know about the risks of being inactive (increased risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, overweight, diabetes ) and these risks may seem so far away for our children. But physical activity in children is about building good foundations which will reduce the chances of these issues ever occurring and making exercise a habit that will see our children through the rest of their happy and hopefully health lives. It’s up to us to get our children moving and make it fun – so sign up today!
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your child on my next course starting on the 13th November. I hope to see you there!
My next set of Children’s Fitness Classes will be starting on 13th November at 10:30 at:
Combe Bank School
Combe Bank Drive
Come on guys. Let’s get kids fit and have fun doing it.
The classes last for one hour and will in-corporate skipping, team work, games, individual moves, balance and co-ordination skills, circuits and lots and lots of fun! Sign up now by emailing me at email@example.com. Spaces are running out – I can’t believe how many people have signed up already. whoop!
The darker nights might be upon us but that’s no reason to stop moving!!
Why not have a dance party? Crank the music and get your kids to show you their stuff – you can join in too – there is nothing more fun than a good old boogie! Try it – you will walk away with a huge smile on you face, I promise!!
Easy! Here are a few reasons for you:
- Exercise causes the brain to release chemicals called endorphins, which naturally make us feel happy and healthy.
- Children with active lifestyles tend to excel in sports.
- Physically active kids tend to be academically motivated, alert, and successful.
- Healthy children have high self-esteem.
Great to meet you! I am in the process of setting up The Kid’s Fitness Academy. Want to hear what I do? Well stay in touch – its going to be fun!
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.