Serving children healthy food is often VERY hard work! I don’t know about you but I feel I am constantly surrounded my sweets and crisps, which is not good for my sweet tooth!
To get your children eating healthily and to make your lives a little easier, I have out some tips together. Yum!
* Serve one meal for all the family. This will help to stop picky eating, although you need to be prepared for rebellion for a while.
* Make a sticker chart so kids can enjoy reaching healthy-eating goals, like eating five servings of fruit and veg for the day.
* If children turn their noses up at new foods, keep trying. It can take over ten attempts for some to accept a new vegetable.
* Canned fruits still count towards your five a day. Peaches, mangoes and tangerines in fruit juice are great added to jellies, yogurts and smoothies.
* Some children find the taste of broccoli, sprouts, cauliflower and watercress too bitter. Try others like squash, peas or sweet potato instead.