The Olympics are just around the corner, so why not get your children into the spirit of things, while getting them fit and healthy?
Give this game a go and get your friends and family involved – it’s so much fun 🙂
- Each child brings a prize, wrapped up (used or new), which is then put in a big bag upon arrival.
- Big container of lemonade or water
- Make a list of all the events you can remember from the Olympic games. Include other events that might be special to your neighborhood like grass rolling, acorn picking, leaf catching, or creek walking.
- Make sure the events are safe and appropriate for the ages of children involved. Here are some things you might include: running races, swimming races, softball throw, long jump, Frisbee throw, tennis tournament, basketball toss, etc.
- If you don’t have room in your yard, meet at a park that might have a swimming pool, basketball court, or other extras.
- The winner of each event picks a prize from the gift bag.